Western movie forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a general forum about western movies. All topics about western films are welcome. Forbidden stuff: Politics, religion and other sensitive stuff, spam, trolling. Please be nice to other people here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Movie from the early 70's

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheUgly
Kitosch
Kitosch
TheUgly

Movie from the early 70's Empty
PostSubject: Movie from the early 70's   Movie from the early 70's EmptyTue May 29, 2012 11:12 pm

I saw a western at the movie theater in the early 70's, and this is the only scene I can remember: Towards the end of the movie, somebody got killed when a cannon rolled down a hill and crushed him against a tree. I think the guy was mexican, but not entirely sure.

I saw this movie when I was about 7 or 8, and this scene really stuck with me. Does anybody know the name of this movie?
Back to top Go down
blklion228
Kitosch
Kitosch
blklion228

PostSubject: Not sure...   Movie from the early 70's EmptyWed May 30, 2012 8:47 am

Could it possibly be "Cannon For Cordoba" starring George Peppard?
Back to top Go down
TheUgly
Kitosch
Kitosch
TheUgly

PostSubject: Re: Movie from the early 70's   Movie from the early 70's EmptyWed May 30, 2012 10:28 pm

I thought it might be Cannons for Cordoba also, but reading over the synopsis of the movie on various websites, I didn't see any mention of this memorable death scene that is etched in my brain.

However, I have found this movie on Netflix, and will give a viewing to see if this is the one. I'll keep you posted. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
TheUgly
Kitosch
Kitosch
TheUgly

PostSubject: Re: Movie from the early 70's   Movie from the early 70's EmptyThu May 31, 2012 7:42 pm

I watched "Cannon for Cordoba", and...that was not the movie I am thinking of. There was no death scene where somebody is crushed by a cannon against a tree.

Anybody else have an idea?
Back to top Go down
blklion228
Kitosch
Kitosch
blklion228

PostSubject: sorry...   Movie from the early 70's EmptyThu May 31, 2012 11:39 pm

I thought sure that must have been the movie. I was thinking there was a sequence where they were hauling the cannon(s) down a steep, grassy slope and one of them broke loose but that's all I could remember of it.

I'll keep thinking though...

Later edit:

Although it's not a western I'm wondering if you're not thinking of "The Pride and The Passion" starring Cary Grant, Frank Sinatra and Sophia Loren (I think)? It has a look and feel of a western at times.

Back to top Go down
TheUgly
Kitosch
Kitosch
TheUgly

PostSubject: Re: Movie from the early 70's   Movie from the early 70's EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 7:55 pm

Thanks for the tip on "The Pride and The Passion". However, I don't believe this is the movie I'm thinking of. "The Pride and The Passion" came out in 1957, and the movie I'm thinking of was in the movie theaters in the early 1970's.

But I would like to watch it, just to be sure. Unfortunately, it's not available on Netflix streaming. I'll have to see if it's available at the local Blockbuster.

Please keep thinking Smile
Back to top Go down
blklion228
Kitosch
Kitosch
blklion228

PostSubject: Try this site...   Movie from the early 70's EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 12:56 pm

Maybe it will jog a memory or two...

http://www.filmsandtv.com/genre.php?gs=1970Western
Back to top Go down
Cahill
Kitosch
Kitosch
Cahill

PostSubject: Re: Movie from the early 70's   Movie from the early 70's EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 1:07 pm

Could it be Charro with Elvis Presley, that movie's surprisingly a good western and I do believe it has a scene like the one described.
Back to top Go down
TheUgly
Kitosch
Kitosch
TheUgly

PostSubject: Re: Movie from the early 70's   Movie from the early 70's EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:40 pm

EUREKA! Cahill...you nailed it! Somebody posted the entire movie of Charro! on YouTube and I just watched it. The scene I remembered is at the very end of the movie. My sleepless nights are over. This fourm rocks!

Much appreciated to all who posted.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Movie from the early 70's   Movie from the early 70's EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 7:45 pm

TheUgly wrote:
This fourm rocks!
Thanks you very much Very Happy !
Back to top Go down
http://westernmovieforum.niceboards.net
Cahill
Kitosch
Kitosch
Cahill

PostSubject: Re: Movie from the early 70's   Movie from the early 70's EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 12:59 am

TheUgly wrote:
EUREKA! Cahill...you nailed it! Somebody posted the entire movie of Charro! on YouTube and I just watched it. The scene I remembered is at the very end of the movie. My sleepless nights are over. This fourm rocks!

Much appreciated to all who posted.

Glad I was able to help. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie from the early 70's   Movie from the early 70's Empty

Back to top Go down

Movie from the early 70's
Page 1 of 1