Western movie forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a general forum about western movies. All topics about western films are welcome. Forbidden stuff: Politics, religion and other sensitive stuff, spam, trolling. Please be nice to other people here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

someone know this movie?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
riles
Kitosch
Kitosch
riles

someone know this movie? Empty
PostSubject: someone know this movie?   someone know this movie? EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 2:29 pm

I'm looking for a western I saw some years ago, I can't for the life of me remember the name and I only remember bits of it

1. there's a small group of people traveling with what looks like a cavalery, the group consist of (I think) an older man, a former prostitute lady (she was slightly on the heavy side if I remember correctly) and 2-4 ruffians

2. they meet some indians, and one wants the girl for his wife, but the translater says she belongs to the older man ( the older man's nickname was bear or something)

3. somewhere in the movie, the girl catches a turtle with her hands for cooking

4, instead of getting the woman, the indian wants the captains rifle, the captain refuses to give it up, the general shoots the captain and gives the rifle to the indian

5. some lines I recall

" her parents both dead, so what choice did she have but to become a prostitute?"

"I dont wanna get into trouble with her, I owe her money"

If anyone knows what movie this is I'd be real grateful.
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Knife Thrower
Knife Thrower
Chain Lightning

someone know this movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: someone know this movie?   someone know this movie? EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:04 pm

Pard, you're thinking of the Lonesome Dove sequel, Dead Man's Walk with Keith Carradine. It takes place when Gus and Capt. Call are both younger and have just joined the Texas Rangers. They wander into Mexico and are captured by the Mexican army. The prostitute " Maggie" is dead in the original Lonesome Dove mini series with Robert Duval and Tommy Lee Jones and is the mother of "Newt". Keith Carradine is chosen by the Governor of Mexico to be shot by firing squad for invading Mexican territory in the sequel, Dead Man's Walk.
Back to top Go down

someone know this movie?
Page 1 of 1