Western movie forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a general forum about western movies. All topics about western films are welcome. Forbidden stuff: Politics, religion and other sensitive stuff, spam, trolling. Please be nice to other people here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I am trying to find the title of a movie.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
twhittaker
Kitosch
Kitosch
twhittaker

I am trying to find the title of a movie.  Empty
PostSubject: I am trying to find the title of a movie.    I am trying to find the title of a movie.  EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 9:10 pm

It is a western movie, the star of the movie has to buy back deeds and property rights for the townspeople. Half of the town loves him, the others do not trust him.

He saves the town by selling the towns timber and lumber, he saves a man when he pulled him from his house, before a tree falls on his house. He removes a log jam on the river by blowing up a dam, a train falls off a bridge, the town's women end up having to take up arms to help protect the star, this is about all I remember.

It was a good movie and I would like to see it again. Does anyone know what movie I am referring to?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I am trying to find the title of a movie.    I am trying to find the title of a movie.  EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 5:58 pm

Welcome to the forum! Very Happy Some parts of the storyline sound like they could be from Keoma some of the scenes you describe are not in that movie (at last not as far as I remember). What era would you guess the film is from and what country?

BTW, please post these threads in the "What's the film called?" forum.
Back to top Go down
http://westernmovieforum.niceboards.net
Chain Lightning
Knife Thrower
Knife Thrower
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: I am trying to find the title of a movie.    I am trying to find the title of a movie.  EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:13 pm

Pard. I believe you're thinking of an old 1952 Kirk Douglas film, titled The Big Trees. Kirk plays a timber baron in it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am trying to find the title of a movie.    I am trying to find the title of a movie.  Empty

Back to top Go down

I am trying to find the title of a movie.
Page 1 of 1