Western movie forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a general forum about western movies. All topics about western films are welcome. Forbidden stuff: Politics, religion and other sensitive stuff, spam, trolling. Please be nice to other people here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Western about poker game? what was the title

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
darq88
Kitosch
Kitosch
darq88

Western about poker game? what was the title Empty
PostSubject: Western about poker game? what was the title   Western about poker game? what was the title EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 12:39 pm

I'm looking for a Western movie about high stake poker game that's haled every year (i tkink). They are all very rich people, and then comes along a young fellow with wife and a kid. After a while he joined in to play the game. While he played the game he got a very good hand and went all in, but it wasn't enough because comper to the other players he was poor, so he took the money that he haved saved to bulide a hous to mach the stake. He gambled every last pany he had saved. The situation was tans but he staid confident about his cards so he went to a bank and took a loan on his hand. I don't want to spoil the ending. The movie was old, i think around 1960 black and white or at the first trays with color picture, the color were all fuzzy. but i'm not 100% sure. Like i said the movie take place in wild west, there are horses, revolvers and $5000 is but load of money!
Any body know this movie?
Back to top Go down
Romany
Kitosch
Kitosch
Romany

PostSubject: Re: Western about poker game? what was the title   Western about poker game? what was the title EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 9:56 pm

Hello
This movie is called BIG DEAD AT DODGE CITY......1983

I do have a print of this movie.

romany affraid
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Knife Thrower
Knife Thrower
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Western about poker game? what was the title   Western about poker game? what was the title EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 5:05 am

Howdy Pard!!

I think the name of the film you are looking for is the 1966 film, A Big Hand For The Little Lady, starring Henry Fonda, Joanne Woodward, Eugene McCarthy, Jason Robards .jr and Burgess Meredith. The storyline has a couple with a son stopping on their way west to fix a broken wagon wheel and the father(Henry Fonda) becomes involved in the annual poker game of the towns richest men. He keeps going back to their hotel room for more money and loses almost all of it. He doesn't have enough money for the BIG hand and has a heart attack and his wife has to get the local banker to back her hand. It's a con game, set up by Fonda, Woodward( his wife) the own .Dr( Burgess Meredith and the town banker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Western about poker game? what was the title   Western about poker game? what was the title Empty

Back to top Go down

Western about poker game? what was the title
Page 1 of 1