Western movie forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a general forum about western movies. All topics about western films are welcome. Forbidden stuff: Politics, religion and other sensitive stuff, spam, trolling. Please be nice to other people here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Old western comedy ID???

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
blklion228
Kitosch
Kitosch
blklion228

Old western comedy ID??? Empty
PostSubject: Old western comedy ID???   Old western comedy ID??? EmptyWed May 09, 2012 12:34 am

This is/was an old 30's/40's western comedy and I don't have the lsightest idea who was in it or what it was titled. I saw it on TV once when I was a kid and have never seen it since. What i remember about the film is that the hapless hero would leap from rocks or roofs and his horse would always take off before he hit the saddle and he'd miss the horse entirely.

Another segment that I recall was of the hero and his sidekick(?) sneaking up on the bad guys hideout by hiding behind various little saplings on their way to the shack. They'd vanish behind the skinny tree on one side then peek out from the other side. When they got to the hideout the camera shot showed the bad guys discussing plans while the hero ond sidekick watched (quite visibly) through the open window a mere few feet away. After hearing the complete plan the next shot showed them outside the cabin talking over what should be done. A comment like "we'd better get back to town to tell the sheriff because night will be falling soon" and, once said, blackness came down acros the screen from the top and only the whites of their eyes were still visible.

I wish I had more info to pass along but that's all I remember.

Any ideas?

--- bill
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Old western comedy ID???   Old western comedy ID??? EmptyWed May 09, 2012 10:22 am

Welcome to the forum Bill Very Happy ! Sorry, don't know the film.

BTW, please post questions about unknown films in the "what's the film?" thread.
Back to top Go down
http://westernmovieforum.niceboards.net
blklion228
Kitosch
Kitosch
blklion228

PostSubject: Being new here...   Old western comedy ID??? EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:33 pm

Admin wrote:
Welcome to the forum Bill Very Happy ! Sorry, don't know the film.

BTW, please post questions about unknown films in the "what's the film?" thread.

...I probably should have nosed around a bit more before posting; my apologies.

That said...I put another 6 hours of searching on the web after posting and found what I think might be the movie: Skipalong Rosenbloom

If this is the right film then I was off by about a decade or so (1951) of its filming. Anyway, I ordered it so should have it by this weekend and then I'll know if my search is ended.

BTW...nice forum and I need to explore it more!

--- bill
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Old western comedy ID???   Old western comedy ID??? EmptySat May 12, 2012 1:18 pm

Hey no problem, it's just that 50% of the threads on this forum are about films they don't know the name of, and these threads are absolutely EVERYWHERE, so I started a thread for them a wihle ago.

Thanks for the compliments about my forum (and good that you found the film!)!
Back to top Go down
blklion228
Kitosch
Kitosch
blklion228

PostSubject: Re: Old western comedy ID???   Old western comedy ID??? EmptySat May 12, 2012 3:52 pm

Maybe the problem is that the "What's The Movie" thread shouldn't be a thread but should be a topic on its own? It's not obvious to anyone that it might be in the "related" topic. After you graciously instructed me I still had to nose around to find the thread.

Still waiting for the movie to show...not going to arrive until monday.
Crying or Very sad ::sigh::

--- bill
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Old western comedy ID???   Old western comedy ID??? EmptySun May 13, 2012 8:55 am

Yeah, you're right, maybe I should fix that.

EDIT: Done. I'm thinking of moving all these topics to that forum.
Back to top Go down
blklion228
Kitosch
Kitosch
blklion228

PostSubject: Movie arrived...   Old western comedy ID??? EmptyTue May 15, 2012 3:17 pm

...and it's the one I've been looking for. Very Happy

The only problem is that, well, it now raises other questions. Everything I described about the movie is true except it's not exactly as I remembered it. In the past 50+ years I seem to have combined similar segments of other movies into this particular one so now I have to find the ones that contain the "confused" segments.

It's a great movie though; and a perfect parody of the old B westerns. I've got it nestled snuggly beside my copies of "The Villian" and "Rustlers Rhapsody" and now I'm in search of another parody worth the watch.

In regard to your moving all the threads to the proper location; I think it's a fine idea.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Old western comedy ID???   Old western comedy ID??? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 10:43 am

Glad it was the right film!

Quote :
In regard to your moving all the threads to the proper location; I think it's a fine idea.
Then I shall do so!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old western comedy ID???   Old western comedy ID??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Old western comedy ID???
Page 1 of 1