Western movie forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a general forum about western movies. All topics about western films are welcome. Forbidden stuff: Politics, religion and other sensitive stuff, spam, trolling. Please be nice to other people here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Help me identify this western

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
danhughes
Kitosch
Kitosch
danhughes

Help me identify this western Empty
PostSubject: Help me identify this western   Help me identify this western EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 10:16 pm

Trying to find the name of a western I saw about 1957-59.

The scene I remember was of two guys (perhaps father and son?) being burned out of a house or shack by a group of bad guys, and one of the two victims (with the help of the the other) buried himself in a hole with a coffee can over his breathing tube (to hide it).

So he survived the fire, but his partner did not.

I think it was in color.

Does this ring a bell with you?
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Knife Thrower
Knife Thrower
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Help me identify this western   Help me identify this western EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 4:12 pm

Howdy Pard!!

The scene you are referring to, is from the 1956 film, Red Sundown with Rory Calhoun, Martha Hyer and Dean Jagger. Leo.G.Gordon played the bad guy (as always) and it was Rory Calhoun that saved another gunslinger wandering in the desert. After killing a member of Gordon's gang, they hid out in an abandoned shack. After being shot in the gut and the shack being set on fire, the wounded gunslinger buried Rory using an old stovepipe, so that he could breathe and survive the fire. They even used some scenes from another Rory Calhoun film, Dawn At Socorro, in Red Sundown.

Ed
Back to top Go down
danhughes
Kitosch
Kitosch
danhughes

PostSubject: Re: Help me identify this western   Help me identify this western EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 5:50 pm

Thanks, Chain Lightning! I posted that question a few years ago, somebody sent me the name, and I bought a copy of the movie.

I can't believe how well you know your westerns!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help me identify this western   Help me identify this western Empty

Back to top Go down

Help me identify this western
Page 1 of 1