Western movie forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a general forum about western movies. All topics about western films are welcome. Forbidden stuff: Politics, religion and other sensitive stuff, spam, trolling. Please be nice to other people here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Trying to identify a B&W movie I saw

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
quietstorm
Kitosch
Kitosch
quietstorm

Trying to identify a B&W movie I saw Empty
PostSubject: Trying to identify a B&W movie I saw   Trying to identify a B&W movie I saw EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 12:21 am

I am trying to identify a black and white movie set in the Sierras. I'd guess it was filmed in the 50's or early 60's but I'm not sure. The protagonist was the strange and wondrous mountains and the bad weather. There was no classic gunfights or anything like that. It began with a dinner scene with a rather acrimonious family and a visitor. One or more set out into the mountains for a reason I can't recall...maybe cattle wandered off or something. Bad weather came in. There were a lot of scenes of the foreboding mountains and the impending weather.

It was well regarded enough for the public library to have it on DVD, which they only do for select movies they deem artistically important. But when I went back to get it they no longer had it. This movie had at least one star of the time, although I cannot recall more. But I'd really like to figure it out.
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Knife Thrower
Knife Thrower
Chain Lightning

Trying to identify a B&W movie I saw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trying to identify a B&W movie I saw   Trying to identify a B&W movie I saw EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 4:39 pm

Howdy Quitestorm!!

I believe the film you're talking about is the 1954 film, Track Of The Cat with Robert Mitchum and Tab Hunter. It's about an older brother. who is a bully( Robert Mitchum). He's always putting down his younger brother( Tab Hunter) down, and their efforts to kill a marauding cougar. It's set during winter in deep snow. There is also a spaghetti western titled The Silence, which is set in the winter
Back to top Go down

Trying to identify a B&W movie I saw
Page 1 of 1