Western movie forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a general forum about western movies. All topics about western films are welcome. Forbidden stuff: Politics, religion and other sensitive stuff, spam, trolling. Please be nice to other people here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Searching for a movie title

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
otternase
Kitosch
Kitosch
otternase

Searching for a movie title Empty
PostSubject: Searching for a movie title   Searching for a movie title EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 9:00 pm

Hi

I'm searching for a western I've watched about 20 years ago when I was a kid.

It was a colour film, assumingly made 1960s, probably Spaghetti western (not sure about that though), didn't feature any stars (at least none I recognised at that time)

The story as far as I remember: a gunman comes to small western town, starts terrorising the town, kills some citizens, gets drunk in the local saloon, in this state sets first the saloon, later the whole town on fire, nobody can stop him, he rides off.
Most citizens leave the town but the "hero" can persuade a small number of people to stay and to rebuilt the town. Mostly thanks to the saloon girls attracting cowboys the small town even starts to prosper again.
But after about a year or so the gunman "visits" the town again, restarting his violent spree. Several citizens try to stop him, but fail to do so and are getting killed. Our "hero" is first reluctant to get involved in the fighting, but is then dragged into a fight (gunfight?) with the villain and kills him. But before that the villain has destroyed a considerable part of the town already, so the people of the town have to start rebuilding it again...

This is what I remember, though my memory might be mistaken in some part, so not every detail must be exactly correct.

Do you have any idea which movie this might have been? I'd be very happy to watch this movie again (childhood memories....)

Yours
Markus
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Knife Thrower
Knife Thrower
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a movie title   Searching for a movie title EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Pard, the movie you're thinking of is
Welcome To Hard Times with Henry Fonda, Aldo Ray, Warren Oates, Janice Rule, Paul Fix, John Anderson, Edgar Buchanan, Keenan Wynn and others and was made in 1967-1967.
Back to top Go down
otternase
Kitosch
Kitosch
otternase

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a movie title   Searching for a movie title EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:51 pm

You are right! That's indeed the movie I was searching for. Thank you very much!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Searching for a movie title   Searching for a movie title Empty

Back to top Go down

Searching for a movie title
Page 1 of 1