Western movie forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a general forum about western movies. All topics about western films are welcome. Forbidden stuff: Politics, religion and other sensitive stuff, spam, trolling. Please be nice to other people here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Movie title? shotgun pistol in swivel holster

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
xjim2000
Kitosch
Kitosch
xjim2000

Movie title? shotgun pistol in swivel holster Empty
PostSubject: Movie title? shotgun pistol in swivel holster   Movie title? shotgun pistol in swivel holster EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 8:10 pm

A die-hard western movie fan might be able to answer this.

I saw a movie on TV when I was a kid where the hero saws off a shotgun into a pistol and makes a custom swiveling holster so that he can pivot the gun to shoot rather than draw it from the holster.

More details (maybe): I think the actor was a 'B' list actor and not a movie star. I think the hero had been injured - maybe a hand injury - and needed the special rig to be able to take revenge.

I am NOT thinking of Wanted: Dead or Alive with Steve McQueen or El Dorado or Rio Bravo, though there are similarities.
Back to top Go down
menudoboy
Kitosch
Kitosch

PostSubject: Re: Movie title? shotgun pistol in swivel holster   Movie title? shotgun pistol in swivel holster EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 6:50 am

Could that be Nick Adams as Johnny Yuma in "The Rebel"?

Also I know they also sawed off shotguns in at least one episode of "The Rifleman" and "Daniel Boone" but don't think the holsters were elaborated in those plots to where it was on "The Rebel".

Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Knife Thrower
Knife Thrower
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Movie title? shotgun pistol in swivel holster   Movie title? shotgun pistol in swivel holster EmptyThu May 09, 2013 8:40 pm

Pard, the only films I can think of, where the star used a shotgun/pistol was the 1950's t.v. series, Johnny Ringo. It was actually a converted Civil War revolver, called a Lemat. Originally, it was a 9 shot cap and ball .42 caliber pistol, with an 18 gauge shotgun barrel underneath. It was rechambered by Stembridge gun rentals to a 9 shot .44 rimfire with a 410 gauge shotgun barrel underneath.. In the series, it was supposed to be a 6 shot revolver with a shotgun barrel underneath to give the star an " extra" shot. Durant loaded full charge blank Colt .45 cartridges into the lower barrel, which gave it a large muzzle blast and made it seem very realistic, but Durant/Ringo NEVER used a swivel holster and always pulled the gun from the Arvo Ojala special made holster, which resembled the holster Steve McQueen used in Wanted, Dead Or Alive. Scott Brady used an over/under rifle/Shotgun in the t.v. series, Shotgun Slade, but it was not sawed off and he didn't use a holster. Other than that, the only thing I can think of is James Caan in El Dorado with John Wayne.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie title? shotgun pistol in swivel holster   Movie title? shotgun pistol in swivel holster Empty

Back to top Go down

Movie title? shotgun pistol in swivel holster
Page 1 of 1