Western movie forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a general forum about western movies. All topics about western films are welcome. Forbidden stuff: Politics, religion and other sensitive stuff, spam, trolling. Please be nice to other people here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Newbie - Help identifying a movie.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgun
Kitosch
Kitosch
fishgun

Newbie - Help identifying a movie. Empty
PostSubject: Newbie - Help identifying a movie.   Newbie - Help identifying a movie. EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 2:06 am

Hello all,

First time here.

I really need help identifying a movie that I believe was made after 1970. I watched this one with my dad when I was a kid. I desperately want to see it again to relive old times.

Here is the most unique part of the movie:
In short a guy was hired to guide a wagon train. Of course there was a lot of danger along the way. At one point a couple of the settlers fell over a cliff. They screamed on their way down. The guide was furious. He explained to the rest of them that if they are going to die any way they should be silent instead of attracting Indians or bad guys. Later in the movie someone fell over a cliff again. The image of them falling silently is etched in my mind. Still, I cannot remember the title.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
rough rider
Kitosch
Kitosch
rough rider

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - Help identifying a movie.   Newbie - Help identifying a movie. EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:46 pm

The movie may have been "How the West was Won" starring Jimmy Stewert.
Back to top Go down
rough rider
Kitosch
Kitosch
rough rider

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - Help identifying a movie.   Newbie - Help identifying a movie. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 11:44 am

Sorry, my mistake. I think it was "The Way West" starring Richard Widmark. I think he was the tyrant wagon master. As you stated they were lowering people over a cliff by rope and a crazy woman cut the rope. I'll leave the rest for you so as not to ruin it. It's a good movie.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - Help identifying a movie.   Newbie - Help identifying a movie. EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 7:48 pm

Sounds like it also could be The Deserter, starring Bekim Fehmiu. The whole film can be watched here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TzKRqrVmZQ
Back to top Go down
http://westernmovieforum.niceboards.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - Help identifying a movie.   Newbie - Help identifying a movie. Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie - Help identifying a movie.
Page 1 of 1