Western movie forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a general forum about western movies. All topics about western films are welcome. Forbidden stuff: Politics, religion and other sensitive stuff, spam, trolling. Please be nice to other people here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

disemboweled by indians, need help with this film

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rough rider
Kitosch
Kitosch
rough rider

disemboweled by indians, need help with this film Empty
PostSubject: disemboweled by indians, need help with this film   disemboweled by indians, need help with this film EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 11:26 pm

I am fifty three. When I was a kid I saw a movie on TV. The ending involved a man tied to a stake and disemboweled by indians. He screamed in agony for several minutes. Another character who wore a single cartridge around his neck used that cartridge to put the man out of his misery. He stated that "no man deserves to die like that". What is the name of this movie? This has haunted me all of these years. Come on folks, throw me a bone. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Knife Thrower
Knife Thrower
Chain Lightning

disemboweled by indians, need help with this film Empty
PostSubject: Re: disemboweled by indians, need help with this film   disemboweled by indians, need help with this film EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 6:11 pm

Howdy Rough Rider!!

The film you're thinking about is the 1957 film, Run Of The Arrow with Rod Steiger, Brian Keith, Charles Bronson and Ralph Meeker. The film is about an ex Confederate soldier, who becomes part of the Sioux tribe after the war. With the expansion of the west, the U.S. Army builds a fort in Sioux territory commanded by Ralph Meeker. At the end of the film, Steiger rides to the fort to demand their surrender, but Meeker refuses. After the battle, the Sioux tie Meeker to a post and burn him. Steiger takes a cartridge from around his neck and loads it into a 45-70 Springfield rifle and shoots Meeker through the head to end the torture.

Ed
Back to top Go down

disemboweled by indians, need help with this film
Page 1 of 1