Western movie forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a general forum about western movies. All topics about western films are welcome. Forbidden stuff: Politics, religion and other sensitive stuff, spam, trolling. Please be nice to other people here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anyone know this film?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Brent Reid
Kitosch
Kitosch
Brent Reid

Anyone know this film? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone know this film?   Anyone know this film? EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 8:03 pm

Hi all,

I just know I'm gonna kick myself for not knowing it, when you guys ID this film for me, but here goes:

I'm posting here on behalf of a friend, who remembers seeing, years ago, a western in which a man and woman are dying at the end, probably from being shot. They attempt to reach each other whilst lying on the ground, but their outstretched fingertips don't quite meet before they both die...

Sounds intriguing - any ideas?
Back to top Go down
abedonders
Kitosch
Kitosch
abedonders

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this film?   Anyone know this film? EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 3:13 pm

I'm pretty sure that is 'Duel in the Sun' with Gregory Peckory and Jennifer Jones, shootin each other in a love/hate relationship. 'Lust in the dust' I believe it was referred to at the time.
Back to top Go down
Brent Reid
Kitosch
Kitosch
Brent Reid

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this film?   Anyone know this film? EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 2:33 pm

Thanks for the reply!

I have the DVD, but hadn't watched it for years, so rewatched the whole film the other day. I remember now just how, even for such a melodramatic, OTT but enjoyable film, the ending was just too overblown & unbelievable!

SPOILER AHEAD: However, even though it ends with JJ crawling over towards GP, she does actually make it to him & they die in each others' arms.

I asked my friend if this could still be the one, but he insists not, as he still says the couples' outstretched hands never actually meet... Any other ideas?
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Knife Thrower
Knife Thrower
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this film?   Anyone know this film? EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 10:49 pm

Howdy Brent Reid!!

Pard, if it's not Duel In The Sun, the only other film that comes to mind is The Hunting Party with Gene Hackman, Oliver Reed and Candice Bergman. This is a 1970's film, in which Oliiver Reed and his gang kidnap the wife (Candice Bergman) of a tycoon, who with his rich partners, hunts them down using scope sighted Sharps rifles and kills them to the last man. The film ends in the desert after Hackman has shot and killed both Reed and his wife and with no horse and water is left dying in the desert.

Ed
Back to top Go down
Brent Reid
Kitosch
Kitosch
Brent Reid

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this film?   Anyone know this film? EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 12:32 pm

Hi Ed,

Thanks for that suggestion. I intend to check it out but see that it's never been released in the UK, only several other EU countries, Oz & the US. On eBay & Amazon all versions are a bit blimmin' expensive for what may not even be the film in question, so as soon as one can be had cheaply enough I'll get it & post my findings here. May take a good while though!
Back to top Go down
Brent Reid
Kitosch
Kitosch
Brent Reid

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this film?   Anyone know this film? EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 9:46 pm

Ok, acquired the US DVD and it's deffo not The Hunting Party. It was a good guess but the ending has no crawling, outstretched hands or anything else. Besides that, my mate reckons the film he remembers would have been earlier than the 1970s, perhaps 1940s-50s.

Oh well - perhaps this one's destined to remain a mystery!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know this film?   Anyone know this film? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone know this film?
Page 1 of 1