Western movie forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a general forum about western movies. All topics about western films are welcome. Forbidden stuff: Politics, religion and other sensitive stuff, spam, trolling. Please be nice to other people here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pls I.D. scenes of cowboys brought down by rope across trail

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ikbol
Kitosch
Kitosch
ikbol

Pls I.D. scenes  of cowboys brought down by rope across trail Empty
PostSubject: Pls I.D. scenes of cowboys brought down by rope across trail   Pls I.D. scenes  of cowboys brought down by rope across trail EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 8:40 pm

I'm looking for any examples of a classic scene in many old Westerns:

one or more cowboy[s] are galloping along - the "other side" strings a rope across the trail, typically at the horseman's chest height - the cowboys don't see it, ride straight into it, and fall off their horses

If you can think of any movies with a scene like this (as many as pos) I'd be v. grateful. It could even help a friend in a driving case!

This is what cognitive science calls "inattentional blindness".

Many thanks.
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Knife Thrower
Knife Thrower
Chain Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Pls I.D. scenes of cowboys brought down by rope across trail   Pls I.D. scenes  of cowboys brought down by rope across trail EmptyTue May 22, 2012 8:58 pm

Howdy Pard!!

You'll find the scenes you're looking for, in both the films, Quigley Down Under and Ulzana's Raid.

Chain
Back to top Go down
ikbol
Kitosch
Kitosch
ikbol

PostSubject: Re: Pls I.D. scenes of cowboys brought down by rope across trail   Pls I.D. scenes  of cowboys brought down by rope across trail EmptyTue May 22, 2012 10:20 pm

Many thanks - v. helpful. I was thinking though of classic 1930's-1950's movies, just in case anyone else remembers. Thx again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pls I.D. scenes of cowboys brought down by rope across trail   Pls I.D. scenes  of cowboys brought down by rope across trail Empty

Back to top Go down

Pls I.D. scenes of cowboys brought down by rope across trail
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Western movie forum :: Western related :: "What's the film called?"-
Jump to: