Western movie forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a general forum about western movies. All topics about western films are welcome. Forbidden stuff: Politics, religion and other sensitive stuff, spam, trolling. Please be nice to other people here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Wild Bunch (Peckinpah/69)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Altair
Altair

The Wild Bunch (Peckinpah/69) Empty
PostSubject: The Wild Bunch (Peckinpah/69)   The Wild Bunch (Peckinpah/69) EmptyTue May 11, 2010 11:00 am

One of my all time favourie American Westerns, Sam Peckinpah's The Wild Bunch, has some of the greatest shoot out's you'll ever going to see. Not only is the final battle brilliant, there is the opening bank robbery that demostrates the Peckinpah was at the top of his game.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Wild Bunch (Peckinpah/69)   The Wild Bunch (Peckinpah/69) EmptyTue May 11, 2010 2:42 pm

True. One of the best westerns for sure. Also all the details keeps fascinating me!
Back to top Go down
http://westernmovieforum.niceboards.net
Altair
Altair

PostSubject: Re: The Wild Bunch (Peckinpah/69)   The Wild Bunch (Peckinpah/69) EmptyTue May 11, 2010 4:40 pm

I also like how Peckinpah surrounded himself with character actors and people who thought to be past their sell by date like William Holden, Robert Ryan and Ernest Borgnine, all of whom gave splendid performances.
Back to top Go down
jb brooks
Kitosch
Kitosch
jb brooks

PostSubject: Re: The Wild Bunch (Peckinpah/69)   The Wild Bunch (Peckinpah/69) EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 8:50 am

i agree a great western,but i found the middle of the film boring.it has a great cast.william holden and robert ryan were never better.
Back to top Go down
Altair
Altair

PostSubject: Re: The Wild Bunch (Peckinpah/69)   The Wild Bunch (Peckinpah/69) EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 2:56 pm

I actually thought the middle part was great - especially the group's stay in the Mexican village. So shot through with feeling.
Back to top Go down
Cowboy 1911A1
Kitosch
Kitosch
Cowboy 1911A1

PostSubject: Re: The Wild Bunch (Peckinpah/69)   The Wild Bunch (Peckinpah/69) EmptyFri May 10, 2013 1:59 am

The Maxim gun scene was awesome. I think the reason why this western was controversial was that it was a sucker punch to the social justice-oriented
Italian westerns of the day. The fact it[s] set in 1912, is just extra candy to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wild Bunch (Peckinpah/69)   The Wild Bunch (Peckinpah/69) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Wild Bunch (Peckinpah/69)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Western movie forum :: American westerns (pre-70's)-
Jump to: