Western movie forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a general forum about western movies. All topics about western films are welcome. Forbidden stuff: Politics, religion and other sensitive stuff, spam, trolling. Please be nice to other people here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

JOHNNY MACK BROWN'S MONTANA DESPERADO

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stagecoach
Kitosch
Kitosch
Stagecoach

JOHNNY MACK BROWN'S MONTANA DESPERADO Empty
PostSubject: JOHNNY MACK BROWN'S MONTANA DESPERADO   JOHNNY MACK BROWN'S MONTANA DESPERADO EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 7:37 pm

I have recently found out that Warner Archive Collection will be paying greater attention to the Allied Artists/Monogram library in the future. So I sought additional info about this. An individual from the Home Theater Forum asked the question to Warner Archive Collection on Facebook if they had Johnny Mack Brown's Montana Desperado in their library as it has been considered a lost film and if they do have it would they consider releasing it on DVD as part of the Warner Archive Collection. Here is Warner Archive Collection's response:

Warner Archive Collection MONTANA DESPERADO is not lost...it's safely protected in our vault. These Monogram films were also not lost, they were just not a top priority for others in the past, but we are here to change all that.....You'll be seeing a lot of Monogram coming your way on DVD from WAC!

So I am asking all the Johnny Mack Brown fans and b western fans out there to write the folks at Warners and let them know that you would like them to release Montana Desperado on DVD.

Here is an address:

Mr George Feltenstein
Sr. VP of Marketing for Classic Catalog
Warner Home Video
4000 Warner Blvd
Burbank, CA 91522

Thanks much.
Back to top Go down
Stagecoach
Kitosch
Kitosch
Stagecoach

PostSubject: Re: JOHNNY MACK BROWN'S MONTANA DESPERADO   JOHNNY MACK BROWN'S MONTANA DESPERADO EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 12:36 am

Here is an update to Warner Archive Collection's plans for releasing the Johnny Mack Brown Monogram b westerns on DVD. They posted this recently on the Warner Archive Collection facebook page:

Warner Archive Collection: " Johnny Mack Brown fans have a lot of great things to look forward to.
We assure you. Our plans are complex and require a lot of lab work, and remastering, but we hope to begin soon with Johnny's thrilling adventures as Marshal Nevada Jack McKenzie!"

I am also putting together an email group which I will use to update everyone in this group on any updates that Warner Archive Collection may provide on the release of these Johnny Mack Brown Monogram b westerns. If you would like to be added to this group and receive updates as I receive them then please send me a private message with your email address.

Back to top Go down
Stagecoach
Kitosch
Kitosch
Stagecoach

PostSubject: Re: JOHNNY MACK BROWN'S MONTANA DESPERADO   JOHNNY MACK BROWN'S MONTANA DESPERADO EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 5:27 am

I recently made this post on the Warner Archive Collection facebook page:

Ronald Blalock
Hello again WAC. Please don’t take me wrong for asking this but why do you seem to be keeping your cards very close to your vest when it comes to the question of do you have plans to release the Johnny Mack Brown Monogram western MONTANA DESPERADO on DVD as part of the Warner Collection Collection? I have asked this several times before but got no response. One of Johnny’s daughters and also Virginia Herrick, the female lead in MONTANA DESPERADO, as well as all JMB fans are anxious to see this film released on DVD. So could you please, please give us just a tad more information on your plans for MONTANA DESPERADO. I hope I am not being in any way rude to you folks at WAC but if I sound so I deeply apologize. We western fans really appreciate your efforts to bring us Cowboy Sets on DVD. Thanks much WAC.
Like · · Wednesday at 4:30pm

Here was their reply:

Warner Archive Collection: Chances are very good that we will be able to release this film. If we are vague about details, it is only out of concern that we don't want to build up expectations if circumstances force us to delay or pass on a title due to film element issues, etc. What we CAN say is that our previously-discussed initiative around the Monogram library (most particularly the Westerns), is very much underway, and we hope to start working on MONTANA DESPERADO in the next few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JOHNNY MACK BROWN'S MONTANA DESPERADO   JOHNNY MACK BROWN'S MONTANA DESPERADO Empty

Back to top Go down

JOHNNY MACK BROWN'S MONTANA DESPERADO
Page 1 of 1