Western movie forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a general forum about western movies. All topics about western films are welcome. Forbidden stuff: Politics, religion and other sensitive stuff, spam, trolling. Please be nice to other people here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

3.10 to Yuma (Mangold/07)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Altair
Altair

3.10 to Yuma (Mangold/07) Empty
PostSubject: 3.10 to Yuma (Mangold/07)   3.10 to Yuma (Mangold/07) EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 3:39 pm

"3:10 to Yuma" (2007), directed by James Mangold, is a remake of the classic 1957 Western of the same name, made by the under-appreciated Delmar Daves. Mangold crafts a excellent Western, with fine leading performances from Christian Bale (as Dan Evans, played by Van Heflin in the original) and Russel Crowe (as Ben Wade, played by Glenn Ford in the original) and a charismatic turn from Ben Foster (as Charlie Prince). I like how, while being reasonably faithful to its source, they changed some things so as to render it worthwhile and not simply a pointless retelling of the same story. It benefits from nice photography and editing too. I've noticed some complaints about the ending, but I thought that was one of the highlights, with expertly staged action and the climax is refreshingly different from the 1957 film. Not quite as good as the original (no remake can be truly great, I think, because they lack that crucial element of originality), but still very exciting and enjoyable. I heartily recommended it to anyone who likes Westerns well acted and directed.

(This review was taken from my IMDb review)
Back to top Go down
Cahill
Kitosch
Kitosch
Cahill

3.10 to Yuma (Mangold/07) Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.10 to Yuma (Mangold/07)   3.10 to Yuma (Mangold/07) EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 12:46 am

I didn't really care for the remake, I can't really say what it was but it just didn't grab me.
Back to top Go down

3.10 to Yuma (Mangold/07)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Western movie forum :: American westerns (70's and after)-
Jump to: