Western movie forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a general forum about western movies. All topics about western films are welcome. Forbidden stuff: Politics, religion and other sensitive stuff, spam, trolling. Please be nice to other people here.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Three westerns I saw as a kid

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Larcia
Kitosch
Kitosch
Larcia

Three westerns I saw as a kid Empty
PostSubject: Three westerns I saw as a kid   Three westerns I saw as a kid EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 9:32 pm

Greetings everyone. Three scenes, from probably three different movies have stuck with me for a long time, and it would be great if someone could help me to identify these movies.

The first one is a scene were someone has been caught by a rope tied to a horse when a stranger appears and shoots at the rope from a very long distance so that the man caught is released. I think the sharpshooter says something like "You will now travel under the name Joe Smith" and that the rifle was a Winchester. I seem to recall there were buffalos involved as well.

The second scene is the end scene of a movie where a gunfighter has traveled up in the mountains to chase his antagonist and the temperature starts to drop. He sits down on a stone and falls asleep. The next morning he has frozen to death and he's all iced.

The final scene is a gunfighter who comes to a village where the children are sick. He takes the powder out of a cartridge and heats it so that the sick can inhale the steam from the heathed powder. I think he says that this is a method he learned from his father or something.

If anyone recollects which movies these scenes are from I would highly appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Chain Lightning
Knife Thrower
Knife Thrower
Chain Lightning

Three westerns I saw as a kid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three westerns I saw as a kid   Three westerns I saw as a kid EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 10:33 pm

Howdy Larcia!!

Pard, I think the first scene you're referring to is from Sergio Leone's. The Good,The Bad And The Ugly with Clint Eastwood and Eli Wallach. Eli(Tuco) Wallach is in cahoots with Clint(Joe) Eastwood, who keeps turning in Tuco for the bounty and then shooting the rope in two when the townspeople attempt to hang him. Eastwood performs this stunt several times during the film and again in the final scene, when Tuco is standing on a wooden cross above a grave, with a rope around his neck.

The 2nd scene you are referring to is in The Last Hunt with Robert Taylor, Stewart Grainger and Debra Paget.

I don't recall ever seeing a film with the 3rd scene you refer to in it.

Ed
Back to top Go down

Three westerns I saw as a kid
Page 1 of 1